1. When you refer to your implants and people look questioningly at your chest.
2. Not being able to feel if you have spinach, seeds, bread – anything – stuck on, in-between or around your teeth.
3. Getting massive quantities of food stuck underneath the bridgework.
4. Needing to use a WaterPik to feel like your mouth is actually clean.
5. Needing to bring two kinds of floss, toothpicks and a variety of brushes when travelling without the WaterPik.
6. Having to keep a stash of toothpicks in your desk at work, in the console of the car, and in your purse for those on-the-go moments.
7. The glare in photos.
8. Forgetting you have teeth (or just how far they extend) and smacking them with your glass while drinking.
9. Getting comments like “Wow, your teeth are perfect! How’d you get so lucky?”
10. Breaking a few teeth off your bridge while biting into a chocolate lollipop.
Don’t get me wrong. I am thankful on the daily for my dental implants and bridgework. Even with the hassle of keeping them clean, and the occasional incident (I’m not kidding about breaking off teeth with lollipops, as well as apples and chocolate), I love having a full set of teeth to smile with and to show off when I talk. My self-confidence is ten times greater than it was before my dental work was complete. I will happily WaterPik my evenings away if that’s what it takes. But sometimes you’ve just got to laugh at the silly things that happen when you’ve got a mouth full of man-made materials.
2 thoughts on “Awkward Moments with Artificial Teeth”
I cracked up on this one:D
You are too funny. Especially #1.